NC-LVDT NC-LVDT, Non-Contact, Displacement Sensor
Ideal for difficult sensing applications, the Non-Contact LVDT is designed to measure the displacement and proximity of a customer supplied metal target without physical contact. The measurement is unaffected by interposed nonmetallic, non-conductive materials, such as polymers and biomaterials. The stainless shell of the device houses two coils; one for sensing and the other for temperature compensation. This assembly is potted into the stainless housing using high-grade, vacuum-pumped epoxy and includes integral strain relief. This packaging allows the sensor to be used in applications requiring long-term immersion in water and saline solutions.
- 1.0, 2.5 millimeter calibrated stroke ranges available
- Accurate output: up to +/-0.2% FS with included non-linear calibration
- Balanced coil inherently temperature compensated
- Offset: 0.0029% FS/°C (typical)
- Span: 0.030% FS/°C (typical)
- Designed for use with LORD high performance signal conditioners
- Analog outputs (Demod-DC, Demod-DVRT-2):
- 0-5V, 0-10V
- 800 Hz bandwidth (typical), factory adjustable 10hz to 20kHz for higher bandwidth (lower resolution) or higher resolution (lower bandwidth)
- Unique calibration curves provided with each unit for optimal accuracy
- Digital Outputs (Demod-DIGITAL)
- High resolution, linearized, engineering unit output
- 10Hz bandwidth, 100 samples/sec
- RS232 serial communications
- 24-bit A/D
- SensorConnect display and data logging software
- 316 SST body material (400 series option)
- 3.8x19, 10.7x19 millimeter (diameter x length) Sensor Body
- 1.8mm diameter Teflon-coated cable
- -55°C to 175°C operating temperature range
Rugged, environmentally insensitive sensors are ideally suited for integration into a multitude of in-line production process verification tasks.
Miniature size allows access to nearly any feature.
Many “standard” features can be customized to fit a specific application:
- custom calibrated stroke ranges
- modified body or core lengths
- hermetic or “pressure-equalized” versions
Miniature sensors allow for integration into complex mechanical assemblies for displacement feedback of mechanical grippers, relative position of targets and closed loop position control.
Adjustable filtering allows for high bandwidth which enables quick feedback and responsive machine control systems.
Multiple sizes, stroke lengths, accuracy, and filter settings provide sensors for every test and measurement application.
Calibrated displacement systems shortens startup time and ensures accurate results out of the box.
Integration with our wireless sensors (V-Link-200 for example) enables rapid integration and the added features of SensorConnect and/or SensorCloud.
- LVDT Mounting Basics
- Displacement Temperature Coefficient
- DVRT vs. LVDT Comparison
- Using a Multimeter with the DEMOD-DC®
- LVDT-Link™-LXRS® Understanding the Calibration
- Using the DEMOD-DC® with V-Link®-LXRS™ and SG-Link®-LXRS™
- 1.0 Non-Contact LVDT
- 2.5 Non-Contact LVDT
- LEMO Connector Assembly pdf 6129-0000 CBL1
- LEMO Connector Wiring Diagram
(FOR DEMOD-DIGITAL ONLY)
SensorConnect is the next generation in desktop sensing software.
From configuration of nodes and starting networks, to collecting and analyzing data in real-time, SensorConnect provides a modern, powerful experience with our Wireless, Inertial, and Displacement products.
Using our intelligent data collection and graphing algorithms, you are able to visualize massive amounts of data instantly, and then zoom in on points of interest just as fast.
Built in MathEngine functionality allows for both real-time and post-processed math, such as generating FFTs, averages, RMS, etc.