M-LVDT M-LVDT, Microminiature, Free Core, Displacement Sensor
Designed specifically for tight spaces, our smallest LVDT delivers high performance in a miniature package. Precision-machined components provide an exceptionally smooth static and dynamic response. Pairing the sensor with a LORD signal conditioner, the system can be optimized for high bandwidth/response rate or resolution with low temperature drift. Extremely lightweight, free cores are tiny yet rugged. Superelastic, corrosion-resistant alloys provide resistance to kinking and permanent deformation while allowing submersion of the instrument.
- Sub-millimeter to ±4.5 millimeter calibrated stroke ranges available
- High stroke to body length ratio: typically 1:3
- Accurate output: up to +/-0.1% FS with included calibration
Balanced coil inherently temperature compensated
- Offset: 0.0029% FS/°C (typical)
- Span: 0.030% FS/°C (typical)
- Designed for use with LORD high performance signal conditioners
- Analog outputs (Demod-DC, Demod-DVRT-2):
- 0-5V, 0-10V
- 800 Hz bandwidth (typical), factory adjustable 10hz to 20kHz for higher bandwidth (lower resolution) or higher resolution (lower bandwidth)
- Unique calibration curves provided with each unit for optimal accuracy
- Digital Outputs (Demod-DIGITAL)
- High resolution, linearized, engineering unit output
- 10Hz bandwidth, 100 samples/sec
- RS232 serial communications
- 24-bit A/D
- SensorConnect display and data logging software
- 316 SST body material (400 series option)
- Super elastic NiTi alloy core material
- -55°C to 175°C operating temperature range
- 1.5mm diameter sensor body
- 1mm diameter Teflon-coated cable
Multiple sizes, stroke lengths, accuracy, and filter settings provide sensors for every test and measurement application.
Calibrated displacement systems shortens startup time and ensures accurate results out of the box.
Integration with our wireless sensors (V-Link-200 for example) enables rapid integration and the added features of SensorConnect and/or SensorCloud.
Miniature sensors allow for integration into complex mechanical assemblies for displacement feedback of mechanical grippers, relative position of targets and closed loop position control.
Adjustable filtering allows for high bandwidth which enables quick feedback and responsive machine control systems.
Rugged, environmentally insensitive sensors are ideally suited for integration into a multitude of in-line production process verification tasks.
Miniature size allows access to nearly any feature.
Many “standard” features can be customized to fit a specific application:
- custom calibrated stroke ranges
- modified body or core lengths
- hermetic or “pressure-equalized” versions
- Microminiature LVDT (2D)
- Microminiature LVDT threaded core (2D)
- Microminiature LVDT threaded body (2D)
- LEMO Connector/Cable Drawing (2D)
- M-LVDT-3 6101-0100 STP file
- M-LVDT-6 6101-0200 STP file
- M-LVDT-9 6101-0300 STP file
- M-TBODY-3 6102-0800 STP file
- M-TBODY-6 6102-0900 STP file
- M-TBODY-9 6102-1000 STP file
(FOR DEMOD-DIGITAL ONLY)
SensorConnect is the next generation in desktop sensing software.
From configuration of nodes and starting networks, to collecting and analyzing data in real-time, SensorConnect provides a modern, powerful experience with our Wireless, Inertial, and Displacement products.
Using our intelligent data collection and graphing algorithms, you are able to visualize massive amounts of data instantly, and then zoom in on points of interest just as fast.
Built in MathEngine functionality allows for both real-time and post-processed math, such as generating FFTs, averages, RMS, etc.