MicroStrain ML5-AR Industrial Tilt & Angular Rate Sensor, IP68/69K package
The MicroStrain ML5-AR, Attitude Reference, delivers low-cost precision measurements of dynamic inclination, acceleration and angular rate in challenging environments specifically designed for those encountered by heavy-duty construction, off-highway, agriculture, mining and trucking industries.
The ML5-AR utilizes the power of a sophisticated Auto-Adaptive Extended Kalman Filter (EKF) to remove errors associated with vibration, sudden linear motions and quake, resulting in a true reading of inclination under all conditions.
State-of-the-art temperature compensation and calibration assures error-free performance over the full operational temperature range.
The compact size, wide 4.5 to 36 V power range, IP68/IP69K rating and CAN J1939 or CANopen communications interface make the ML5-AR a single part solution for a full range of vehicle sizes and applications.
High performance high-g accelerometer
- 120 µg/√Hz
- ±8 g range
High performance Gyroscope
- Attitude accuracy ±0.5°
- Attitude resolution 0.02°
- Fully calibrated and temperature compensated
–40 to +85°C
- Adjustable sampling rates up to 500Hz (100Hz default)
- Triple power flexibility:
- 5V regulated
- 12V unregulated vehicle bus
- 24V unregulated vehicle bus
- Single CAN command adjusts for any mounting orientation
- Fully compliant to strict automotive and off-highway test standards
- PBT Thermoplastic, Reinforced, Hermetically sealed
- Ingress protection IP68, IP69K
Highly compact and low profile
- 80.0mm x 55.0mm x 24.0mm
- 110.5 grams
- J1939 or CANopen bus interface options
- RoHS, REACH, CE
Industry-exclusive mechanical isolation provides stable performance under shock and vibration
Available rugged packaging (IP68/IP69K pressure wash) with waterproof industry standard AMPSEAL 16 four pin connector
Available industry standard CAN J1939 or CANopen protocols allow easy integration
Low-noise, linear, and stable MEMS gyros and accelerometers enable superior heading accuracy during turns & bumps
Auto-adaptive Kalman Filter algorithms provide exceptional dynamic performance
Auto self-calibration and automatic anomaly rejection make units with magnetometer reliable and accurate heading reference
Fully calibrated and temperature compensated IMUs provide stable performance in demanding environments
Compact, state-of-the art inertial sensors with proven fifth generation high-performance industrial grade solid-state MEMS accelerometer and gyro inertial sensor technology.
Low-cost, compact size and full 360-degree measurement range about all axes
Full accuracy over the entire operational temperature range of -40°C to 85°
Auto-Adaptive Extended Kalman Filter for optimal dynamic accuracy and on-vehicle performance.
- Quick Start Guide
- User Manual CAN J1939
- User Manual M Series CANopen
- 6212-3014 M-Series Development Kit
- 6212-3014 M-Series Development Kit (Japan)
- 6212-3017 M-Series Cable Kit
- 6212-3017 M-Series Cable Kit (Japan)
- EU Declaration of Conformity
- REACH-SVHC Compliance Declaration
- RoHS Compliance Declaration
- Impact Shield - STP Drawing file
- Impact Shield - Mechanical Drawing
Please use the form below to contact us or call 802 862 6629.