(Cary, NC – March 15, 2017) ¾ LORD Corporation – a global leader in developing wireless and embedded sensing systems – has introduced its G-Link-200-8G ruggedized high-speed triaxial accelerometer node for real-time data acquisition and machine health monitoring of high-value assets.
Used to measure motion, vibration, acceleration/deceleration, tilt, and impact events, this latest wireless solution has an on-board tri-axial accelerometer for high-resolution data acquisition with extremely low noise and drift. Additionally, the G-Link-200 can report derived vibration parameters such as velocity (IPS), allowing for long-term machine health monitoring.
“Vibration-based machine health monitoring has traditionally required access to expensive sensing hardware and software, forcing owners and operators of critical assets to make difficult ROI choices when weighing the benefits of health monitoring systems,” says Justin Bessette, Manager, Wireless Systems and Software Engineering, LORD Corporation. “Equipment health monitoring enables predictive maintenance, reduces downtime and reveals design improvement opportunities for critical assets. Remote sensing and data collection saves labor, time and improves safety, and ultimately saves money through lower maintenance costs.”
Users can easily program nodes for continuous, periodic burst, or event-triggered sampling with the SensorConnect software. The optional web-based SensorCloud interface optimizes data aggregation, analysis, presentation, and alerts for gigabytes of sensor data from remote networks. LORD’s open-source, comprehensive communications and command library (API) allows customers to easily incorporate the product into third party platforms.
“This end-to-end wireless sensing solution reduces development and deployment time, making it ideal for test and measurement, condition-based monitoring, health monitoring of rotating components, aircraft structures and vehicles, vibration monitoring, and vehicle dynamics testing,” said Bessette.
Features and benefits of the G-Link-200-8G include:
- Versatile Operating modes
- Continuous, periodic burst, and event-triggered sampling
- Output acceleration or derived vibration parameters; VelocityRMS (IPS), AccelerationRMS, AccelerationPk-Pk, and Crest Factor (APk/ARMS)
- LXRS protocol allows lossless data collection, scalable networks, and node synchronization of ±50 μs
- High performance sensing
- +/- 2, 4, or 8 g measurement range
- High-resolution data with 20-bit A/D convertor
- Extremely low noise on all axis 25 μg/√Hz
- User-configurable low-pass and high-pass filters
- Wireless range up to 2 km (800 meters is typical)
- On-board temperature sensor (+/- 0.1 °C)
- Ruggedized packaging
- -40 °C to 85 °C operating temperature range
- IP67 rating
- Three user-replaceable high capacity ½ AA 3.6V Lithium batteries (13.0Wh)
- FCC\IC, CE certifications
- Ease of use
- Scalable networks for easy expansion, remote configuration, acquisition, and display of data with SensorConnect
- Easy custom integration with open-source, comprehensive communications and command library (API). The MicroStrain Communication Library makes it simple to write code to interact with LORD Sensing’s wireless sensors
- Optional web-based SensorCloud platform, which optimizes data storage, viewing, alerts and analysis. Use SensorCloud with MathEngine analytics tool provides characterization metrics between machines and operating environments through the equipment life-cycle
For additional information, please contact LORD at +1 877 ASK LORD (275 5673) or via email at Sensing_Sales@LORD.com.
About LORD Corporation
LORD Corporation is a diversified technology and manufacturing company developing highly reliable adhesives, coatings, motion management devices, and sensing technologies that significantly reduce risk and improve product performance. For more than 90 years, LORD has worked in collaboration with our customers to provide innovative oil and gas, aerospace, defense, automotive and industrial solutions. With world headquarters in Cary, N.C., LORD has approximately 3,100 employees in 26 countries and operates 19 manufacturing facilities and 10 R&D centers worldwide. LORD actively promotes STEM education and many other community engagement initiatives. For more information, visit www.lord.com.
# # #
Thumbnails and captions for each photo are included below. Full-resolution versions of the photos are available at https://spaces.hightail.com/receive/T3sXm.
CAPTION: The G-Link-200-8G ruggedized high-speed triaxial acceleromter node has a +/- 2 to +/- 8 g measurement range that allows high-resolution data acquisition at noise levels as low as 25 μg/√Hz
CAPTION: Measuring machine structural and componenet fatigue in a high-vibration environment is necessary to pevent breakdowns and improve design.
CAPTION: Measuring in-use vibration of factory equipment allows predictive maintenance in high-value production processes.
CAPTION: Prior to launch, the G-Link-200 underwent (and succeeded in) rigorous field testing, including cold weather exposure, electrostatic discharge, ingress protection, and HALT (Highly Accelerated Life Test).
Thumbnail: SensorConnect At-a-Glance