Ruggedized Tactical Grade GPS-Aided Inertial Navigation System
The 3DM-RQ1™ -45 is a compact, ruggedized, tactical-grade all-in-one navigation solution with integrated GPS and magnetometers, high noise immunity, and exceptional performance. It takes advantage of some of the latest mems sensor technology, exhaustive callibration, and a custom made Kalman Filter to deliver capibillities that rival units that cost many times more.
- High performance integrated GPS receiver and MEMS sensor technology provide direct and computed PVA outputs in a small package.
- Triaxial accelerometer, gyroscope, magnetometer, and temperature sensors, and a pressure altimeter achieve the best combination of measurement qualities.
- Dual on-board processors run a sophisticated Extended Kalman Filter (EKF) for excellent position, velocity, and attitude estimates.
- Ruggedized enclosure designed to meet DO-160G for deployment in harsh environments
The LORD MicroStrain® 3DM-GX4 ® family of industrial grade inertial sensors provides a wide range of triaxial inertial measurements and computed attitude and navigation solutions. In all models, the Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU) includes direct measurement of acceleration, angular rate, and atmospheric pressure. Sensor measurements are processed through a sophisticated estimation filter algorithm to produce high accuracy computed outputs with compensation options for magnetic and linear acceleration anomalies, sensor biases, auto-zero update, and noise offsets. The computed outputs vary between models and can include pitch, roll, yaw, a complete attitude, heading, and reference solution (AHRS) or a complete position, velocity and attitude solution (PVA), as well as integrated GPS outputs. All sensors are fully temperature compensated and calibrated over the operating temperature. The use of Micro- Electro- Mechanical System (MEMS) technology allows for highly accurate, small, lightweight devices.
The LORD MicroStrain® MIP™ Monitor software can be used for device configuration, real time measurement monitoring, and data recording. Alternatively, the MIP™ Data Communications Protocol is available for users who want to develop customized software solutions.
Best in Class Performance
- Fully calibrated, temperature compensated, andmathematically aligned to an orthogonal coordinatesystem for highly accurate outputs
- Bias tracking, error estimation, threshold flags, andadaptive noise, magnetic, and gravitational field modelingallow for fine tuning to conditions in each application.
- Compact, low profile, and lightweight
Ease of Use
- Easy integration via comprehensive SDK
- Common protocol with the 3DM-GX3® and 3DM-GX4® sensor families for easy migration
- Out-of-the box solution reduces development time.
- Volume discounts
*Magnetometers are not available with the low temperature option
- 3DM-RQ1™ -45 Datasheet
- 3DM-RQ1™-45 Quick Start Guide
- 3DM-RQ1™ -45 User Manual
- 3DM-RQ1™-45 ROHS Certificate
- 3DM-RQ1™-45 MIP Data Communications Protocol
- Inertial product comparison
- 3DM-RQ1™-45 4005-0009 DB9-to-7 Pin Glenair® Cable
- 3DM-RQ1™-45 Dimensional Drawing
- 3DM-RQ1™-45 GPS Antenna
- Gilsson Antenna Mounting
- 3DM-RQ1™-45 Glenair® Connector Pinout
- 3DM-RQ1™-45 Sensor Origin
Software Development Kit
Using MIP Monitor software, to reset the device to the factory defaults:
- Establish communication as normal with the sensor.
- Click Settings.
- Click Load Default Settings and a message box pops up.
- Click OK and the message box disappears.
- Click Settings again.
- Click Save Current Settings and a message box pops up.
- Click OK and the message box disappears.
This process does not erase any hard and soft iron calibration that may be on the device.
The Hard and Soft Iron Cal software we provide must be used to do that.
Direct link: view
Accurate navigation and attitude under dynamic conditions such as:
- GPS-aided navigation system
- Unmanned vehicle navigation
- Platform stabilization, artificial horizon
- Satellite dish, radar, and antenna pointing
- Health and usage monitoring of vehicles
3DM-GX3-453DM-GX3® -45 -- Product no longer stocked – limited availability - Miniature GPS-Aided Inertial Navigation System
3DM-GX4-253DM-GX4 -25™ - Attitude Heading Reference System (AHRS)
3DM-GX4-153DM-GX4-15™ - Miniature Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU), Vertical Gyro, and Vertical Reference Unit
3DM-GX4-453DM-GX4-45™ - GPS-Aided Inertial Navigation System (GPS-INS)